HOW TO PREVENT FROZEN PIPES
• Disconnect and drain garden hoses.
• Cover outside faucets with insulating foam covers.
• Turn off the sprinkler system.
• If the temperature drops below 20 degrees, keep one or two faucets running slowly at all times. Water running through the system will prevent the line from freezing.
• Keep the cabinet under the kitchen sink open so warm air can flow around the pipes.
• Cover exposed pipes (both indoors and out) with insulating foam covers.
• Call your landlord or property manager immediately if you suspect a pipe has frozen for further instructions.
HOW TO PREP THE INSIDE OF YOUR HOME FOR WINTER WEATHER
• Cover or remove your window air conditioners, if applicable.
• Turn your ceiling fans on low in reverse (clockwise when looking up) to circulate warm air.
• Inspect fireplaces, and chimneys before using, and have them cleaned if needed.
HOW TO PREP THE OUTSIDE OF YOUR HOME FOR WINTER WEATHER
• Bring in potted plants from outdoors.
• Cover any outside plants with insulating materials, remember to remove it once the temperature pops above freezing.